Thursday, October 10, 2024

First Ever Appreciation 1970

 For an aircraft to fly safe, all its flight instruments are made serviceable in instrument Overhaul Shop.

All the Test Equipment is maintained in good working condition and updated by another workshop called Ground Equipment Maintenance Shop. This is the real life line of the aircraft to be serviceable much before the flight departure time.

(Picture is from my Personal File)

A Steering Computer of Boeing 707 Flight Director System was stuck in the shop since a year and a half it came in Instrument Overhaul Shop for repair. Almost all the experts of shop tried their best including seniors but it could not me made serviceable for the flight and the spare one was being used. I voluntarily accepted to repair the same and within one and a half month I made it. The management was very glad to know as I saved a hell of an amount of foreign exchange to get repaired abroad by the manufacturer. Hence an appreciation letter was issued to me from the higher ups to pin up with my Personal File. It was first ever appreciation of my life from a reputable organization like PIA.This is not a small piece of paper but a remarkable Pride of my Parents, my children and the generations to come indeed.  

A Steering Computer is used in manual flight to control the aircraft by pilot manipulation of the flight controls. Movement of the control yoke, control column or control stick (as fitted) and the rudder pedals result in corresponding movements of the aircraft control surfaces (aileronselevator and rudder) which in turn cause the aircraft to rotate around any or all of the three axes of rotation.. An autopilot reduces pilot workload by guiding an aircraft using computer input instead of direct control manipulation.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment