Saturday, October 12, 2024

Another achievement 1972

 

After getting appreciation in 1970 I got noticed as an expert of hardest project like one Amplifier & Computer of Boeing 707 aircraft Autopilot system which was received with a newly purchased aircraft. This unit was non-standard being a part of Category II landing system.

(Picture from my Personal file)

CAT is basically the unit/system used to determine landing conditions, it mainly focuses on the visibility. CAT I= Visibility in fog 200 feet or more (height) CAT II= Visibility in fog is 200ft To 100ft (height) CAT III: Visibility in fog is less than 100ft. (height).

In a meeting of senior management it was under discussion, whether to send this peculiar Amp. & Computer to manufacture for repair or something could be done in Instrument Overhaul Shop. Finally a decision came in effect to get it repaired by a senior Technician Musarrat Ali (that’s me). I took this job as a challenge and made it serviceable for flight with a condition of a test flight. My proposal was approved and the unit was certified as Serviceable after a test flight. An appreciation letter was awarded and was placed in my Personal file.

As a result of my hard work and dedication a huge amount of foreign exchange was saved for my airline PIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment